Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Iris



And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am.

-Goo Goo Dolls: City of Angels OST


This song is arguably one of the finest songs ever written. Goo Goo Dolls doesn't perform a ballad nor does it perform a no holds bound Alternative Rock anthem. What it does is perform a high energy ballad that retains, very very successfully, the essence if Alternative Rock.

In very simple terms, this song is a must listen to. Its right up there in the pure pwnage list. :)

PS: This song is also an example of why poop...oops pop singers shouldn't mess around with rock. In other words Ronan Keating's cover sucks. Seriously makes me cry and my ears bleed. And its even more obvious when you listen to the two songs back to back.
I also hear Avril Lavigne has covered this song too. Seriously, what the hell? STOP MESSING WITH A CLASSIC. And no Avril's not rock. Although she manages to shout quite a bit. :D
Shes better off with her own songs. Covering rock classics ain't exactly her thing. I still remember the way she r*ped Metallica's classic Fuel. And in front of Metallica too :D.

Anyways just go and listen to the original song. Simply speaking; It owns.

No comments: